Sign in to follow this  
Baron Von Bat

Newbie Alert

hi all,

i'm new to the game, trying to learn about it and trying to make a decision on what type of vehicle to go for as my first one (yes haven't bought one and yes i know it needs to be GTFO! ready), i'm thinking down the lines of either truck or boat so if anyone has any suggestions for something that works for a newbie i'm all ears.

SL_064.png

If you are just starting out, one thing I can recommend right away is to join the "Drivers OF SL" group. Not only do they organise weekly fun grid drives (many of which enable you to do GTFO runs during the drive), but you usually win a free vehicle when you complete the drive, and on several occasions these free vehicles have been GTFO compatible, and good too 😄

Active grid drives last only a few weeks, so if you join now you'll be able to do the last few drives - both completion prizes being GTFO trucks (if I remember right). Oh, the group is free to join too.

As for other vehicles, it really depends on how much you want to spend and whether you simply want the largest cargo holding capacity or just want a nice vehicle to use. Below are some links to a few stores you might like:

Rubber Bunny (boats, amphibious vehicles, airships)

Bandit (sail boats, large cargo boats)

Avenue-Contemporary Classics (Trucks and boats)

Cabs Shiprwrights (large boats)

Hope that helps, otherwise ask in-world, i'm sure you'll get even more suggestions.

Forgot to add, not every vehicle from the above makers will be GTFO enabled. You'll need to ask in-world or check this list HERE to ensure what you want is on the approved list.

Edited by Eowyn Southmoor
spelling, added comment
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

If you are just starting out, one thing I can recommend right away is to join the "Drivers OF SL" group. Not only do they organise weekly fun grid drives (many of which enable you to do GTFO runs during the drive), but you usually win a free vehicle when you complete the drive, and on several occasions these free vehicles have been GTFO compatible, and good too 😄

Active grid drives last only a few weeks, so if you join now you'll be able to do the last few drives - both completion prizes being GTFO trucks (if I remember right). Oh, the group is free to join too.

As for other vehicles, it really depends on how much you want to spend and whether you simply want the largest cargo holding capacity or just want a nice vehicle to use. Below are some links to a few stores you might like:

Rubber Bunny (boats, amphibious vehicles, airships)

Bandit (sail boats, large cargo boats)

Avenue-Contemporary Classics (Trucks and boats)

Cabs Shiprwrights (large boats)

Hope that helps, otherwise ask in-world, i'm sure you'll get even more suggestions.

Forgot to add, not every vehicle from the above makers will be GTFO enabled. You'll need to ask in-world or check this list HERE to ensure what you want is on the approved list.

Thanks for the advice Eowyn, someone gave me an Infinity Train last night, looks like i will be doing it by rail 😮 

2 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Nice 👍

Those trains are really good, well made and carry a lot of cargo.. have fun :classic_smile:

only short journeys for now as i am getting to know the track around here but i am having fun 🙂