Angie

Suggestion: cargo loading process

I was thinking it would add a bit more realism to the cargo loading operation if the cargo started on the ground beside the vehicle and gradually disappeared as it was being loaded. And the reverse for unloading - as each item of cargo is unloaded it would appear on the ground nearby. This would be especially good for vehicles where the cargo is hidden (aircraft etc.)

It should be easy to implement, I think. For the user, place a load of cargo on the ground beside your vehicle, call it something like GROUND!1 to GROUND!20, and link it all to the vehicle and the existing CARGO!x items. It would normally be invisible, only becoming visible during the loading/unloading process.

It might not be workable for boats, as the "ground" position is different at each port. And of course it would clash with automatic loaders at hubs, but we always have a choice whether to use those.

What do people think?

• Like 3

I just have a question, am not sure....

Do the Hub Owners get to 'see' what has been delivered to them... or the HUD pops-out in any way to announce a 'shipment' has arrived?

How do vehicle operators feel.. would you mind if your Name/Vehicle/loads were announced to individual Hub owners?

Edited by TechDave
  • Like 1

Hub owners don't get any info regarding who's been delivering what at their hub.

I'm guessing, based on that new live delivery report, that the recent game changes are going to open up a lot of report possibilities in terms of what you've suggested. Ideally, it would be nice if on the main GTFo website there'd be a stats page which allowed you to look at each hub and see all manner of statistics, same goes for people too i guess. It probably needs to be an opt-in system though.

Posted (edited)

Just wondered since I did notice others at a Hub as I unloaded. I didn’t greet them and hate to say promptly drove off to another destination.

yes, some may not care to be identified, but even leaving a ‘name’ off, all other data would be interesting to know. 

Opt-in would be good, or maybe some kind of aka ID...   i’ll take Freight Dawg for my Aka!! Soon I’ll check to see if I can get a new picture here for forum.. so others may recognize me and my rig in-world, as runnin’da goods!!

I did pass another truck on road too, we were too darn busy trying to avoid running over each other rather than offering any kind of friendly greetings!!

Edited by TechDave

On 12/31/2018 at 2:07 PM, TechDave said:

I just have a question, am not sure....

Do the Hub Owners get to 'see' what has been delivered to them... or the HUD pops-out in any way to announce a 'shipment' has arrived?

How do vehicle operators feel.. would you mind if your Name/Vehicle/loads were announced to individual Hub owners?

I'm in a casual process of working on something like this. It's mostly just an idea in my head ATM. But it involves spreadsheets and SL data displays. and hopefully someday in the future, an XR application.