Sign in to follow this  
TechDave

Routes! (Your favorites, of course!)

Putting this Topic in here.. and adding a couple of mine that I've found recently. 

Add (and discuss) other favorites, I'm always searching for those Good Hauls.

This is one I found today, was a nice drive in my Bovine . Was looking for a good route for it. 

ZZR - Somdari Station Route 9A     to    Paradise T Jeogeot

There are several GTFO Hubs there near ZZR Station, take your pick!

Edited by TechDave

Good flight haul here.. tho I do use only a small plane still (am somewhat of beginner... if I can say that at Level 10!)

Mostly over water - nearly along beach of inland water... so there's not many obstructions (or ban lines) about.

Unity AP & Road Hub    to     Wright Brothers AP

I can finally reply to topics in this sub-forum 🙂

I had a good conversation with Keif at my place about this, and apparently we are both in the process of trying to establish a good route into the Far East of Sansara.

My home base is in East Heterocera so that's usually my starting point (Amella region) as I run a small airfield there. These routes could also apply more or less for departures out of Xanthor Airport some three or so regions North.

Three of our club flew our Twin Otters into Sansara and had a jolly time. It's mostly over water with few risks of orbs, and you can fly low for a lot of which (which is the most fun way to fly, for me):

From Amella we fly out over Bedstraw Town, aiming for the sea channel. We skirt the Eastern void heading South, then turn into the sea near Hyles infohub. The next part is potentially risky as it's hard to stay over the Linden waterways and not fly over private parcels but we haven't experienced any serious orb trouble yet- heading to Cecropia. Doing a counter-clockwise loop in the ocean region South of there to come around for final and a first stop delivery there.

From Cecropia we loaded up for Bay City, and flew the ANWR channel and kept North, following the coast West and South to the City. This is all open water and you can fly as low as you like.

From Bay City to Abbotts, and again all over open water. Abbotts then becomes the gateway to the "Bay of Space Pigs". My old route used to be to turn South into Sansara sooner, flying under the big road bridge, then dodging private land. This Western route is longer, but more relaxing.

The next "leg" is still in the works, but this is my preferred way between Heterocera and Sansara for now.

Edited by Yorkie Bardeen

I am level 4 right now mostly from Drivers routes.   How do you figure out the routes between hubs?  I tried one on Route 8 to another on route 8 but there was a longe curve so tracking the region did not work.

3 hours ago, Johnny Starshine said:

I am level 4 right now mostly from Drivers routes.   How do you figure out the routes between hubs?  I tried one on Route 8 to another on route 8 but there was a longe curve so tracking the region did not work.

It's difficult, at best... an SL challenge! I study World Map 'really close'.. but that doesn't get it always. You can pretty much bet that if the road 'ends' on World Map.. it ENDS inworld. But then World Map doesn't show roads inside sims/regions that are on hub's property and off main route. One I found difficult was New Horizons... you need to FIND way to marina that UNDERNEATH airport. There isn't a road entrance to the airport.. at the airport level. 

I do inworld 'scouting'/finding with a Jeep.. it's very agile and fun to drive. At New Horizons I can 'fit' it through security gates and even thru doorways!! I've driven it off-road too.. works well for that.. outside of standard blockages... steep terrain, ban lines and orbs. I keep World Map UP on screen when driving (shrunk and off to side) as well as Mini Radar (set to show property lines). With no inworld GPS... it's rough!! 

18 hours ago, TechDave said:

It's difficult, at best... an SL challenge! I study World Map 'really close'.. but that doesn't get it always. You can pretty much bet that if the road 'ends' on World Map.. it ENDS inworld. But then World Map doesn't show roads inside sims/regions that are on hub's property and off main route. One I found difficult was New Horizons... you need to FIND way to marina that UNDERNEATH airport. There isn't a road entrance to the airport.. at the airport level. 

I do inworld 'scouting'/finding with a Jeep.. it's very agile and fun to drive. At New Horizons I can 'fit' it through security gates and even thru doorways!! I've driven it off-road too.. works well for that.. outside of standard blockages... steep terrain, ban lines and orbs. I keep World Map UP on screen when driving (shrunk and off to side) as well as Mini Radar (set to show property lines). With no inworld GPS... it's rough!! 

I tried to go from one continent to another with a plane and wound up hitting the edge of the world every way I went.  So much for following the arrow.

Yes... inter-continental traveling with GTFO! isn't possible, mostly must keep jobs within same continent. Those void sims don't show well on World Map.. but can see them and navigate around. Even Blake Sea has some void sims.. that I've run into by surprise. The mini-radar 'sometimes' show restricted areas red (best) but grey (as usual). If I'm flying (LUV my R-22 copter!!!! BTW.. with floats)… I'll follow the main Routes to avoid surprises. 

Here's a picture of my 'setup'... I dedicate ALOT of space to maps (when driving/flying).. but is nearly a MUST in order to navigate all the STUFF (not counting those MASSIVE towering builds/skyboxes too!)

Snapshot_001.jpg

Just a note of caution when flying.  The sim where Von Bats is Cocilla is ok by the road but DLabs has ban lines on both side of the SLRR.  I was following the railroad in my chopper and hit the lines.