michael8990

.:S&W:. DHC-2 Beaver and turbobeaver

the water airplane have also weels to land on land but i can only do water  delivery,s

is there a way to fix that that i can do water and land whit thhe water version of it

There are no true amphibious vehicles supported in GTFO. I suggested a way it could be done a while ago but it's not my business.

I forget which way they are around but there are two VAPI codes for the DHC-2s from S&W:

TBEAVR

WBEAVR

Rename the prim in your plane to the other one, and it should allow you to take land-based jobs.

It's big problem, IMO.  I have same issues with Hovercraft and Amphibious trucks.

I think I am still missing this problem, or maybe it's where I usually deliver, because I don't see how these vehicles being restricted in any way.

Can you provide  examples (airports etc) where something like the Twin Otter can't deliver and it should be able to? I'm assuming that the majority of airports in SL using GTFO have seaplane delivery enabled, even if it might not be possible to land on water on the sim... but not sure, like I said I've not run into this issue.

Definitely Hovercrafts seem to be an issue, where road-hubs won't show up as a delivery location, unless there's also water in the sim.  Perhaps the way round this is simply for ALL road hubs to include hovercrafts, and ALL airports to include seaplanes. The vast majority of seaplanes have wheels anyway, the only exceptions i can think of are AVA's An-2 and THI's Float JU-52. Are there more?

5 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

I think I am still missing this problem, or maybe it's where I usually deliver, because I don't see how these vehicles being restricted in any way.

Can you provide  examples (airports etc) where something like the Twin Otter can't deliver and it should be able to? I'm assuming that the majority of airports in SL using GTFO have seaplane delivery enabled, even if it might not be possible to land on water on the sim... but not sure, like I said I've not run into this issue.

Definitely Hovercrafts seem to be an issue, where road-hubs won't show up as a delivery location, unless there's also water in the sim.  Perhaps the way round this is simply for ALL road hubs to include hovercrafts, and ALL airports to include seaplanes. The vast majority of seaplanes have wheels anyway, the only exceptions i can think of are AVA's An-2 and THI's Float JU-52. Are there more?

I use the wheel version of the AvA An-2. I cannot get jobs to any inland airport e.g. Tier One at Finsteraarhorn. I do get job offers to places like Half Hitch where there is nowhere to land it.

Since I bought this as a bush plane to fly more challenging inland routes its kinda frustrating.

I think there should be a separate category for amphibious planes and where there are two variants of a plane, such as float and wheeled, there need to be two code variants.

• Thanks 1

I would hope the amphibious vehicles can make pick-ups & deliveries at both land & sea locations.  If vehicles are amphibious yet can't perform both functions, GTFO! customers of those same vehicles will surely be displeased.  I guess we need to look at this closer.  

Edited by RoxyCyn
  • Thanks 1

To me, the answer is a bit of code and an append query, but what do I know.

Tatjia, it was the AN-2 that initially caused me these problems. I posted elsewhere but my advice is to switch your VAPI code to GTFO!C130. It's not egregiously larger as a payload and you will be able to make deliveries to land-based airstrips. I also suggest the same for the DHC-6 Twin Otter by AVA for the same reasons. "Bush plane" adventures are my main reason for being in GTFO (and building an airfield) myself, so I can relate.

Eowyn, there are many non-water accessible airfields in the old continents, in fact such airfields are the majority. "Screw those guys" is not a valid solution to me. You missed another pure seaplane, the Hunter s.21, and there are more. Sure it's a niche, but the solutions are available and one fix only requires a bit of data entry. It's not difficult.

14 hours ago, Yorkie Bardeen said:

"Screw those guys" is not a valid solution to me.

Not for one moment did I ever suggest that. I asked about this issue simply because I've yet to encounter the same scenario as others have, even though regularly use both the Otter and the An2, in both cases always with floats. From your reply, it would seem to indicate that it's a much bigger problem perhaps on Sansara and Hetrocera? , which admittedly are areas I generally avoid for flying, preferring to use the roads and waterways there instead.

I assume there would be some kind of conflict if 2 separate Vapi prims were placed in one vehicle?

It'll be a sad s.21 pilot that tries to land at Morning Wood, so just flagging all airports for seaplanes is not fair to players who use pure floatplanes, and that was your suggestion.

The easiest fix is the way the S&W DHC-2 works, and ground vehicles like the Rubber Bunny Stalwart, which is to have two VAPIs for land/water that you can rename accordingly. It's not ideal, but it gives both options.

The better fix is just to run through the list of available hubs as an append to list twice for vehicles flagged as amphibious, dropping duplicates. Whether that's a back-end SQL append and group by query, or an LSL append to list thing, either are trivial.

i think this is little bit going out of hand now dont want to start arguing a small detail

maybe a selution is to add diferent groupps of vehicles

for example water/airplaines that have wheels

and for amfibius water/road

so that the vehicle can do both land and water

but that is a bit of work i know becouse they must add every hub to the new settings,enz

but for me it whas a idee that adds more realistic traffel

It's really easy. You just make amphibious vehicles eligible for both kinds of hubs and you loop the list append for as many eligible criteria as you need (two currently but may as well make it future-proof). you can include the hub type in the returned text so you know beforehand whether you're going to be landing wheels down, or splashing down. (W)Half Hitch, (L)Hollywood Airport etc. etc which means you can get both options for a place, or you can drop duplicates and let players figure out which way they'll land.