Sign in to follow this  
Anna

Completed VAPI request section.

Hey GTFOers,

In the HUB management section of the forums we have a 'Completed HUB request' section where requests go after Joan has done them.  I notice that in the VAPI section we have a list of requests, (which appear to be being actively ignored, hint hint) but we also need a 'New VAPI issued section'.   I come on every day and check the list for the VAPIs I am waiting for, and it takes forever.

I was under the impression that once the new database was up and running, new VAPI requests would be faster too, but this doesn't appear to be the case.

Anna.

hi Anna, 

You notice correctly that new VAPI requests are not as fast as new hubs. There are a number of factors. Moving to the new server was the first step in cleaning up the data for vehicles. Your post helps me realize that I need to write more about the many things we are doing behind the scenes to improve GTFO. 

We are working toward a semi-automated adding of HUBs and of VAPIs. for now, we have Admin huds to help the few people who help me add data do so more accurately and quickly than I was able to do them by hand previously. I am close to caught up on the new VAPI additions with our old process. We are experimenting with a new process which, if it works will make adding new vehicles much faster. 

I'll take your gently nudging as a hint and start writing more about the vehicle VAPI process. There is another interview with Luke Flywalker later today (Saturday 1pm SLT) on his radio station. https://www.spreaker.com/show/hit-the-road-jack_1   Listen in and add questions using either the GTFO group or Drivers of SL, or join us at the Satori crossroads party (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Varean/7/28/83) and ask in local. The interview is recorded and will be available for playback, too. 

Good suggestions, Anna. Thank you for sharing them,

Cinn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1