Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Starshine

Hub question?

How do they work?  Is there anything inworld that has to be done or deeded?  Or is it all run through the system.  I do know from playing now that it takes the whole parcel.  I asked the place where I rent and they wanted to know.

It all works through the HUD/game system, so you don't need to do anything to the actual location of the hub. Of course, to make it easier for people to find, rezzing a GTFO logo or sign help, as does one of those big GTFo sky-signs, if you can fit one in.

4 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

It all works through the HUD/game system, so you don't need to do anything to the actual location of the hub. Of course, to make it easier for people to find, rezzing a GTFO logo or sign help, as does one of those big GTFo sky-signs, if you can fit one in.

But remember that those big sky signs means that SL mapping can't see what is under it.  Daft idea IMO.

Seems to be a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

When people (like myself) didn't use those sky signs, all we heard was complaints that out hubs weren't visible on the SL map 🙁

In the end it doesn't make much difference now, because most people use a lot of mesh in their builds, and the SL map doesn't show mesh properly anyway, it just shows a lot of odd-shaped blobs 😁

Oh I got one as well.  But you need to keep it in proportion is what I mean.

Screenshot from 2019-02-03 19-25-06.png

I ended up making my own - the normal one most use didn't fit well on my small parcel and was basically unreadable when shrunk down in size.