Leal Blake-Kanto

Name correction

SL account name: Reliat Resident

SL display name: Leal Blake-Kanto

SLURL of hub: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Brouwer/7/240/38

Reason for edit: Just wondering if we can get the name corrected? It was requested as Blake-Kanto Service Center but has been put into the system as Blake-Kanto Service-Center. Just looks a little odd as service center is usually unhyphenated. Thanks in advance!

Hi Leal,

Yes, mostly. We need to limit the total number of letters, spaces, and numbers on a hub ID button. The reason for the max number of total letters, numbers, and spaces is if there happens to be a page on the menu with too many buttons with too many letters, lsl (Linden Scripting Language) throws an error and the hud stops working. The simplest way to prevent this is to not have names too long. We set the number at 26 total letters, numbers, and spaces. 

Many non-alpha characters (symbols) mess with the sql commands.  The hyphen is an exception I am willing to risk trying. To make it 26 total characters, what about 
Blake-Kanto Service Ctr  
or
Blake-Kanto Svc Ctr

Let me know,

Cinn

Hi Cinn,

I did understand the reason for it, but "Blake-Kanto Service Center" is 26 letters long including spaces. It's exactly the same length as what has been entered already. All I would like is the hyphen that's been put into "Service-Center" in the current name replaced with a space, so that it reads "Blake-Kanto Service Center".  Stays the same length as what is in the system, just corrected.

PS.I use lettercount.com to check

1ceb248fbeafa9dc658ce1f04023273b.png

Good point, Leal, 

I mis-counted when I did it manually. Changing the name now. 

Cinn