Payne N. Uranus

Destinations to be reconsidered

Posted (edited)

I think it would be a good idea to reconsider certain destinations.

I went to Dogbone Island (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Coral Waters/105/89/24) in my boat (Trans-ZZ-Port by and picked up a cargo for Acacia.

Most of the trip went well, but then there were completely blocked regions where I had to cheat my way around.

As some point I didn't notice that I was approaching ban lines and I was tossed back and my boat got returned to me. There were no rez zones anywhere near, so I started to fly around looking for a rez spot, and as a result got ejected by 0-second orbs left and right and at some point I even got orbitted by an archaic (and IIRC illegal) security system.

I finally found a spot to rez my boat, then cheated it back to Acacia where I had expected some kind of build, but there was nothing, not a single prim.

I delivered my cargo more frustrated than I have ever been whilst playing GTFO.

Please do NOT send boats to Acacia. It only leads to frustration. Planes could prolly more-or-less safely drop off cargo, land vehicles may be able to get there, but boats should not be sent there for the sake of sanity and good moods.

Edited by Fritigern Gothly

Acacia is a protected water region and looks like it should have been a drop zone. It's probably just an error.

My advice in group chat still stands. If you have not made a delivery to a place before, check the route before taking the job. The system is not able to validate path-finding at all.

• Like 1