Sign in to follow this  
Wisdom d'Avi

GTFO grid radio system

Not really sure if this is the place for this quesiton.

I was wondering if there a GTFO Grid Radio System, where an operator can announce departure or arrivals and condition on route?

Hello Wisdom,

there is the rp-group "Freighter Nation"

secondlife:///app/group/f3d70e77-facb-4b9e-e769-bbecea024c11/about

or

preset GTFO channel on Gridtalkie channel #4836

more weblinks and stuff i have posted today.

rgds joan

Hi Joan,

Thanks for the reply, I did notice that gridtalkie has a preset channel for gtfo, that was easy 🙂

Maybe you can answer a couple of other questions:

How do you set up a Hub and can there be more than one hub at a location like a marina or airfield?

hi wisdom,

currently the whole region is a hub, regardless how many other locations or parcelowners operating one. because of space in hud, which shows the name of the place, it goes "first come first serve" i put a remark in notams if there are other hubs came later, but name stay with the first who opened. This will be changed in the next generation of hud to separate by parcels.

you can have your palce for all kind of vehicles at once, if it meets the requirements and size. e.g. airport on 30x30m will not very work well but a marina for small boats yes :-.) if the parcel has direct access to a road or rail, this can be also added.

VenTalkie is free. Our pilot group use it a lot. Setting up channels is also free, would be cool to have it as a GTFO option.

On 8/22/2019 at 3:32 PM, Joan Moleno said:

hi wisdom,

currently the whole region is a hub, regardless how many other locations or parcelowners operating one. because of space in hud, which shows the name of the place, it goes "first come first serve" i put a remark in notams if there are other hubs came later, but name stay with the first who opened. This will be changed in the next generation of hud to separate by parcels.

you can have your palce for all kind of vehicles at once, if it meets the requirements and size. e.g. airport on 30x30m will not very work well but a marina for small boats yes :-.) if the parcel has direct access to a road or rail, this can be also added.

Hi Joan,

So what is the advantage of operating a gtfo hub?