Sign in to follow this  
Claire

Bedstraw Project For Sale

Bedstraw Project For Sale

Hugs all 🙂

I am so grateful to all the Bedstraw members past and present for being part of it, renting your areas to support the space, whether you use the spaces or just like to help out to keep it open. Some of you have even been here since almost the beginning and without you all I would never have got it to where it is, so thank you most sincerely for that.

But the land tier has become a worry for me, so we are now offering it for sale as is, hopefully to find a new owner who can apply some fresh ideas of their own and continue to have such a resident operated major rail destination.

Please get in touch if you may be interested in owning a major rail yard in SL. There are a few people considering whether to take it on, either individually or as part of a tier-sharing arrangement.

tyvm
Claire
aka atomic infinity

Technical Bit :
If anyone may be interested to take it on, this is the current land :
Bedstraw : 61312 sq.m
Amella :     11472 sq.m
Cisthene :  1760 sq.m
Gibbosa :  4416 sq.m
The existing build could remain if you wanted it, though some is no-transfer stuff I bought. I can stay part of the group and make someone else into group owner (the group owns the land), so its possible to leave the existing infrastructure in place should that be your desire. You can just return my objects as and when you re-build anything, and I can assist with a bit of maintenance. I can give you copies of the pieces of it that I built.
It must be said though, that I won't be able to come to re-build it in the event of an auto-return 'accident', nor will I allow anyone else the perms to edit my objects.
You would need to put land tier to cover the Bedstraw and Amella lands as a minimum.
Cisthene is a 2nd access track onto the SLRR, so is kind of optional.
Gibbosa is a forested area to the north, so is also optional.
Transfer of Bedstraw ownership goes with group ownership.
Transfer of the Amella land would be turn off the auto-return, you buy it, then I (carefully) change the group of the current objects there, if you want them to stay put after you set auto-return back on.
The railroad Guide over the road at Amella is official Linden owned guides.
The railroad Guide prims under the road to Bedstraw docks are scripted to move into place on demand.
IM if you have questions.

aka Atomic Infinity.   Builder & scripter behind the Infinity Freight range of vehicles and navigation HUDS, with GTFO! features built-in.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/182889

1724424142_forumbannerpic.thumb.jpg.242f947140f17c5bec2aad96c3ca8cb3.jpg

Sad to hear another great project might fail due to teir costs.. Really it seems GTFO just acquired land in Webworm for a "rail hub" but haven't built it.. and yet Bedstraw is a true Transit hub with access to Road Rail and Sea.. Really, GTFO might want to not develop Webworm and instead take over Bedstraw..

At the least, I would be interisted in taking over the Cisthene tracks to maintain some sort of access to my own small project there..

Thanks Zoren I will IM you in world and we can chat about Cisthene.

Otherwise, it is now looking likely that Bedstraw will close around 23/24 November.

Thanks to all for taking part in it, but sometimes things must come to an end. Almost 2 years on the grid is not bad going though.

aka Atomic Infinity.   Builder & scripter behind the Infinity Freight range of vehicles and navigation HUDS, with GTFO! features built-in.

Update :

The Amella rail & road facilities now have a new owner and continue to be open to visitors

The Cisthene rail trackbed is now a small train demo station and rail access to another nearby land parcel

The Gibbosa land is now sold, though the buyer has then re-set it for sale just at higher price.

The Bedstraw land is now for sale in two parcels :

the waterfront parcel has borders to both protected Linden road and waterways that lead up the whole eastern edge of the Heterocera Atoll continent, and linked through to the channel south into the Sansara continent

the main area parcel has one border to a Linden road, and I am sure the new owner of Amella would provide road access that way too if you ask him nicely 🙂

Edited by Claire

Bedstraw land prices now reduced, waterfront is 5L per metre, big roadside bit is 1.5L per metre.

I am also open to dividing it up if you just want part of it.