Sign in to follow this  
John Savage

shipping the freight

so my idea is this. why not be able to not only haul the freight, but ship it too. on the hud a shipper could create a shipping order,  select a freight, vehicle , and a destination. then the job would be posted in the huds for other to see. once the job is accepted by someone, the shipper is notified and they wait for the freight to be "picked up" the idea is that the shipper must be present , and they would both make points and money. this would give warehouses more to do then just be a place for ppl to pull into . makes them more functional. promotes their existence. and with 3rd party scripting, loads could be loaded with machinery etc. these type of jobs could pay out more as a bonus and incentive.

Edited by John Savage

I like this idea, would be a lot of fun, but I wouldn't specifically make a shipping order limited to certain specific vehicle - there might be plenty of people wanting to pick up the cargo but can't because they don't have the required plane/boat etc

Thanks for the idea! Right now, hubs are designated what size class of vehicles that can be accepted. So if the largest boat you can handle is a medium, you get everything medium and below. I do want to incorporate a way for hub providers to do more than just build their hubs and wait for the shippers to come, so please stay tuned for that! ?

This would be a handy thing for the roleplay side of GTFO! , a shipper could post a load and roleplay waiting for the carrier  and a company could accept it and show up for it vs the usual way we get freight . Looking forward to seeing more roleplay within the game .